Sunday, March 29, 2009

Imitiation Poem

This is what I did with Gilberts poem. I really liked how i felt God in his writing and that is why I chose this poem. This is one of my favorite ones that I did. I like the semi- restriction that gets put on by having to follow such a pattern


The Lord Sits with me Out in Front.
The Lord Sits with me out in front watching
A sweet darkness begin in the fields.We try to decide if I am lonely.
I tell him about waking at four a.m. and thinking
of what the man did to the daughter of Louise.
And there being no moon when I went outside.
He says maybe I'm getting old.
That being poor is taking too much out of me.
I say I am fine. He asks for the Brahms.
We watch the sea fade. The tape finishes again
and we sit on. Unable to find words.


My father walks with me up the stairs.

My father walks with me up the stairsdown the hall to my bedroom.
He asks me why I am not happy.
I tell him of the nights spent alone wondering
of what she is doing and who she is with.
And there never being a sun in my sky.
He says maybe I am getting tired.
That being vulnerable is destroying me inside.
I say that I'll live. He nods his head.
We sit on my bed. Music is playing
and we listen. Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment