Monday, February 23, 2009

Poetry Journals: Evidence & Observation

All of us in Poetry 311 have a contemporary poetry/literary journal (well, at least on loan!) I'm hoping that you will take yours, read through it and then share what you've found in your reading.

While you should follow the guidelines I've laid out via email and FB's Discussion Board, I'm hoping that you all will enjoy browsing and thinking about some of the things you read. In other words, let the guidelines be the most basic response. If you want to talk about other things (even other genres besides poetry), feel free.

I hope you see this more as a way to share with each other what you found interesting, mysterious or even confusing, while you're sampling a bit of the current American poetry scene.
The method to the madness is simply this: I can "tell" you all some of the different modes in poetry these days, but I think it's a lot more writerly and convincing to discover them for yourselves.

My great wish is that you have fun with this and learn a bit and discuss it with each other.

--LG

No comments:

Post a Comment